Sunday 30 December 2012

Five Days of Awesome!

I’d like to thank everyone who downloaded a copy, posted retweets, and shared my updates on Facebook over the past five days. Because of your help, I gave away over 4,000 copies of Gasher Creek. It charged to number one on the Kindle Store’s list for Paranormal and Western genres, and cracked the top 100 of the Amazon Best Seller’s list. I never could have imagined it would have been so successful, and I’ll be riding on Cloud Ten (which is WAY better than Cloud Nine) well into the New Year.


When I started this, I only expected 100 copies to be given away, so four thousand is mind boggling. I can hardly believe it.  But I do like it! 

Over the last few days, I've received some criticism over offering my book for free, but I feel too good to argue. Instead, I'll just summarize with this:

Money is good, but being read is better. Nothing can equal this feeling of satisfaction. People all over North America and Europe are reading my book! The thought of it makes me smile. And years from now, it'll still make me smile.

That's priceless.