Saturday 14 May 2011

Cool

So, my book went live, between 8ish and 9ish pm, yesterday, May 13th, 2011. It's been a long road, kids. Almost twelve and a half years of holding onto one goal. And this is just the start. I have one more draft to do on my next novel, and then it will be ready. And after that? A bunch of short stories. And after that? Either another novel, or a much needed stint in a mental health clinic. Or both.  

Almost finished reading Richard Matheson's "Bid Time Return" for the second time. He's my favourite author, and always will be. If you haven't read any of his stuff yet, I recommend "Bid Time Return" (AKA "Somewhere In Time"), and "The Beardless Warriors". Awesome stuff.

Last week I finished reading W.P. Kinsella's "Shoeless Joe" for the bazillionth time. I read it every spring. It's my favourite novel of all time.