Saturday 25 June 2011

99 Cents? Yup.

I've been reading a lot about price experimentation. Basically, this is where a writer adjusts the price of his/her e-book to see which sells best. "Gasher Creek" has been selling, but I'd like to see what a price tag of .99 cents does.

99 cents! Yes, it's true, but I have to accept that, although I've been writing for years, I haven't been publishing for years. No one knows who I am outside of a few friends and family members. Do I think "Gasher Creek" is worth more than 99 cents? I do. But what I think doesn't matter. What matters is connecting with readers. If I stumble across an author that I've never read before, I'm going to be very wary about giving him/her my hard earned money. But 99 cents is cheap. You can't even buy a chocolate bar for 99 cents anymore. I can give a new author a try for 99 cents.

In other Birch news: I just passed the first 10,000 word mark on my new novel! I'm still not sure if it's going to end up being a novel or novella, but I'm having a lot of fun working on it.

Will write more soon.